This May our alumni can elect representatives for the new Board that will have a mandate to continue the development and governance of our Community for the next two years.
Alumni interested in becoming part of the EIT Digital Alumni Board may already apply for one of these positions:
- President: chairs the Alumni Meetings and the meetings of the Alumni Board and supervises the activities of the other members of the Alumni Board.
- Secretary: is responsible for the organisation of the Alumni Meetings and the meetings of the Alumni Board, and makes the minutes of these meetings.
- Treasurer: is responsible for the filing of the costs and expenses, and the preparation of the annual budget and annual accounts of the Foundation.
- Events Officer: is responsible for the organisation of the events of the Foundation and the engagement of the community.
- Marketing & Communications Officer: is responsible for the external and internal marketing and communication of the Foundation.
The application form for candidates is available online since 27 January 2019 on our website.
You need to be a registered alumna / alumnus (i.e. graduate or former employee) to be eligible to apply and be appointed for a position. Once submitted, you can still edit or withdraw your application at any time.
The candidacy application is individual; however, you may run as a team (by mentioning who you would like to work with in your motivation).
A proper Q&A session will be held on Friday, 3 May - at the Annual Meeting 2019 - answering all your questions regarding the Elections and application procedure. Nevertheless, feel free to contact us on this at your earliest convenience!
The application period will remain open until 10 May, and will be followed by the Election Week, taking place from 13 to 19 May - where all Alumni members will be invited to vote for their favourite candidates.
After the announcement of the Election winners, a transition period of up to 3 months will commence for the new Board to assume their new responsibilities. We encourage the potential candidates to keep the first weekend of June clear in their calendar for the Board Handover meeting - being held in a warm, sunny city around Europe.
This will be combined with the Local Reps Gathering, to officially introduce to the newly elected board our most loyal members, representing our various Local Teams.
We are looking forward to many applications by enthusiastic members who will drive our Community further. By participating and voting, you can show your support for the EIT Digital Alumni Foundation and your commitment to its mission.
The EIT Digital Alumni Board