Annual Meeting 2020
The EIT Digital Alumni keep moving forward despite the ongoing pandemic. For this reason, our most important gathering of the year will be organized fully online!
November 14th is the date selected for an engaging afternoon of discussions about the current situation and future plans for our community.
After the official part of the program, the remote Annual Meeting will continue with community activities and a keynote presentation.
Make sure you join us, discuss with other alumni and let your ideas be heard!
To keep everyone up to date, we will be using Telegram throughout the Annual Meeting.
Join our Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEz4tDhW_F6NjSfUyg
Meeting agenda (All times are CET, might be subject to change):
- 15:00 - Intro session (live video recording)
- Welcome words, agenda recap
- State of the Foundation
- 15:45 - Community talks and discussions
- 16:15 - Break
- 16:30 - Voting topics (live video recording)
- Explanation of proposed amendments to the by-laws of the EIT Digital Alumni Foundation
- Presentation of candidates to the position of Technology Officer (to complete the remainder of the mandate of the current Alumni Board until July 2021)
- Official opening of the voting* (By-laws amendments & Technology Officer election)
- 17:00 - Keynote presentation by alumnus Ruud Visser, a former Software Engineer at Facebook and Instagram, and now a Founder Engineer at Doppler - a startup raised $2.3M to create the first universal secrets management solution for developers (live video recording)
- 17:45 - Closing remarks and voting reminder
* Note: This event is open and prior registration is not required, but the voting module will be only enabled for alumni members (graduates of Master School, Doctoral School and former employees of EIT Digital). According to Article III of the Foundation by-laws: "Associate members and EIT Digital Friends shall have the right to attend the Alumni Meetings, however they shall not have the right to vote at the meeting. An Alumni Meeting can be organized as an in-person or as an online event."
Meet the candidates for the Technology Officer here.