EIT Digital Alumni Foundation maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its activities. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. EIT Digital Alumni Foundation accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of EIT Digital Alumni Foundation. EIT Digital Alumni Foundation does not have any control on of the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
In general EIT Digital Alumni Foundation accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the this website and the material provided on this website.
The copyright of all material, provided on this Site is held by EIT Digital Alumni Foundation or by the original creator of the material.
Reproduction of the material is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
However prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
For any query or complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. This Site may enable visitors to post their reviews, remarks, comments and other content. You may post such content so long as it is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a product or other content. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, although we do not regularly review posted content. If you post any such content, you grant us and our affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such content throughout the world in any media. You also grant us and our affiliates the right to use the name that you submit with any such content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to any content that you post and that our use of your content will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through this Site or otherwise. Please note that any information or material you submit over this Site or in any other manner will not be deemed to be confidential. By sending us any information or material, you grant us and our affiliates an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such information or material.
4. Some of the links on this Site will let you leave our Site. The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained as a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site.
5. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS," AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH IT.
6. EIT Digital Alumni Foundation WILL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF IT WAS FORSEEABLE OR THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES WAS BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION.
7. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our licensors harmless, as well as our and their affiliates and employees, from all third party claims, liability, damages and costs arising from your unauthorized or improper use of the Site or the materials on this Site.
10. Contact Information:
EIT Digital Alumni Foundation
22, Rue d'Arlon,
It is generally possible to use our website without providing personal data. When our site does collect personal data (e.g. name, address, or e-mail address), it is on a voluntary basis whenever possible. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express permission.
We must point out that data transmission via the Internet (e.g. communication via e-mail) can have security loopholes. It is impossible to completely protect data from third-party access.
We hereby expressly prohibit third parties from using the contact data posted in the legal notice on this website (as required by the German Telemedia Act) for the purpose of sending advertising or informational materials that have not been specifically requested. The operators of this website reserve the right to take legal action against these third parties should the operators receive advertising that they did not request (e.g. via spam e-mails).
Data Privacy Statement for the Use of Google Analytics
This website utilizes Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics makes use of what are known as "cookies:" text files that are saved on your computer and make it possible to analyze website usage statistics through your use. The information generated about your use of the website by the cookie is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website and you are located within a member state of the European Union or another country that is a signatory to the agreement regarding the European Economic Area, however, your IP address will be abbreviated before being transmitted to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address first be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and then abbreviated. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate the use of the website, to generate reports regarding website activities, and to provide additional services associated with use of the website and the Internet to the website operator. The IP address that your browser transmits in the context of Google Analytics will not be amalgamated with other Google data.
You can prevent cookies from being saved on your computer by altering the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we must inform you that in this case, you will not be able to use the complete range of functions that this website offers. Moreover, you can prevent the data regarding your use of the website generated by the cookie – which includes your IP address – from being recorded or processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Data Privacy Statement for the Use of Google +1
Acquisition and disclosure of information: The Google +1 button can be used to publish information around the world. The Google +1 button provides you and other users with personalized content from Google and our partners. Google stores both the information that you provided to the content you +1’d, as well as information about the page that you +1’d. Your +1 may be displayed in connection with your profile name and photo on Google services – such as Google search results or your Google profile – or in other locations on websites or ads on the Internet. Google records information about your +1 activity in order to improve Google services for you and others. In order to use the Google +1 button, you will need an internationally visible, public Google profile that must contain a name, even if it is only a name that was specifically chosen for that profile. This name will be used across all Google services. In some cases, this name can replace another name that you previously used to share content via your Google account. Your Google profile identity can be displayed for users who know your e-mail address or who have other information that could be used to identify you. Usage of the data collected: In addition to the uses mentioned above, the information that you provide will be used in accordance with applicable Google data privacy regulations. Google may publish aggregated statistics about users’ +1 activity, and/or it may pass this information on to users and partners such as publishers, advertisers, or associated websites.
Data Privacy Statement for the Use of Twitter
Functions of the online service Twitter are integrated in our website. These functions are provided by Twitter Inc.: Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. When you use Twitter and the “re-tweet” function, the websites you visit will be linked with your Twitter account and made public for other users. Data is also transmitted to Twitter during the process.
We would like to clarify that Twitter does not inform us, the operators of this website, of the content of the data transmitted or how Twitter uses said data. You can find further information on this subject in Twitter’s data privacy statement at twitter.com/privacy.
You can change your Twitter data privacy settings under your account settings at twitter.com/account/settings.
Information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's server and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers. A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What is a browser?
A browser is an application that allows you to surf the internet. The most common browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. Most browsers are secure and offer quick and easy ways to delete information like cookies. Please see the section below Change your Browser Settings
What do cookies do?
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your use of our sites and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, you may choose to personalise the content of a website in order to see the latest news and weather for your region. In order to do this, a cookie is placed on your device to remember where you live so that we deliver the information that has been requested by you. This is a prime example of how cookies are used to improve your experience of a website.
Change your Browser Settings
You can choose how cookies are handled by your device via your browser settings. The most popular browsers allow users to a) accept all cookies, b) to notify you when a cookie is issued, or c) to not receive cookies at any time. If you choose not to receive cookies at any time, the website may not function properly and certain services will not be provided, spoiling your experience of the website. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.