Here are some opportunities around the Alumni Community. We hope you will find your likings among them. Keep active!
4 - 9 May 2020, France (Greater Geneva)
Safer Nanomaterials 2020 - Call for Projects
BioHealth Computing Schools, in collaboration with EIT RawMaterials, have offered a full scholarship for up to 10 of our members to attend their upcoming school on Safer Nanomaterials, to be held at the European Scientific Institute in Archamps, Greater Geneva, on 4-9 May 2020. This summer school is an accelerated learning programme proposed by EIT RawMaterials partner institutions and the European Scientific Institute. The course addresses the complex challenge of the substitution of critical raw materials through the use of nanotechnology, promoting a ‘safety-by-design’ concept, which seeks to minimise environmental and human health risks related to nanotechnology. The selected participants will be not required to pay the registration fee, and will be OFFERED FREE meals and accommodation during the course!
This course is open to Masters or PhD students in computer science, medical or life science, biotechnology, engineering, materials, data science, business, human and social science. The course is also worth 6 ECTs. Your ideas for innovative nano-enabled devices and services will form the basis of the school’s innovation and entrepreneurial groupwork. This will culminate in a pitching session in front of a panel of international experts.
26 April 2020
EIT Digital Venture Program
The EIT Digital Venture Program supports entrepreneurial teams from 20 countries with deep tech business ideas to finalise their MVP and start their venture. The program offers an eight-week Pre-Acceleration executed by five regional partners in Greece, Latvia, Poland, Portugal and Slovenia. Also, teams receive financial support of up to €25,000 in 3 stages from MVP to incorporation up to finding a first investor. The deadline for applications is open until 26 April.
- Multidisciplinary teams of at least two individuals with an innovative business idea, PoC or prototype in the fields of Digital Industry, Digital Tech, Digital Wellbeing, Digital Finance or Digital Cities.
- Non-legal entities only.
- Residents of any of the following 20 countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, North Macedonia, Greece, Malta, Montenegro, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Ukraine.
30 April 2020
EU Startup Prize for Mobility 2020
- There will be 10 winners: 10 startups selected based on their ability to transit the transportation sector from a highly carbon-consuming, expensive, inefficient model to a low-carbon, inclusive, safer, connected (de-)mobility service.
- Startups from all over Europe: EU members and neighboring countries are eligible to apply (inter alia Israël, Turkey, Norway, Switzerland, UK, etc.).
- The Prize is a 6 months acceleration programme: including a mentoring by the Boston Consulting Group, a tour of 4 big European cities to meet the local tech ecosystems and find the right cooperation to scale up (investors, public authorities, big transportation companies, etc.).
- Grand final: initially planned to be hosted in Vivatech (Paris) on 11 June 2020, it will now be re-scheduled due to the coronavirus outbreak. Details will follow as soon as there’s a bit more clarity around the pandemics.
Application deadline is 30 April 2020